It seems like Rihanna’s 2014 is starting off on a major note -if her flirt with fashion and beauty is anything to go by. The songstress’ slash all rounding media darling is the newest brand to be associated with MAC Cosmetics’ legendary Viva Glam campaign. Riri’s participation follows in the footsteps of celebrity superstars such as RuPaul, k.d. Lang, Lil’ Kim, Sir Elton John, Mary J. Blige, Shirley Manson, Linda Evangelista, Boy George, Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott, Pamela Anderson, Lisa Marie Presley, Debbie Harry, Eve, Dita Von Teese, Fergie, Cyndi Lauper, Lady Gaga, Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj who have each starred in the limited edition campaigns over the past 20 years. The snaps were photographed by the renowned photography duo; Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
Some super awesome facts about what one VIVA GLAM can do:
- Purchase 254 condoms to prevent the transmission of HIV
- Provides client and nutrition services for 13 people living with HIV/AIDS
- Provide fresh fruit, vegetables, and grocery essentials to a mother and child affected by HIV for a full week.
- Purchase 200 new syringes, which are given to injection drug users in exchange for used needles to prevent HIV transmission
- Purchase 151 safer injection kits (cooker, cotton, tourniquet)
- Provide 32 Safer Sex Kits which include condoms, lubricant and instructions
- Provide a clean, safe place to sleep for two nights for one resident living with HIV/AIDS
- Provide 45 minutes of lifesaving HIV prevention skills to a group of 75 women and girls
- Buy 10 individually tailored, nutritious meals for a person affected by HIV/AIDS
- Purchase one rapid oral HIV test
- Provide crisis counseling to a person living with AIDS who is also struggling with drug addiction, mental illness and homelessness
- Provide a new job interview shirt and tie for one resident at an HIV/AIDS housing organization
- Provide 30 minutes of training for 20 medical providers on integrating HIV prevention and reproductive health
- Provide a move-in kit for a client moving into new housing, including cleaning materials, toilet paper, laundry soap, dishes for one person, lightbulbs, etc.
- Buy 24 female condoms to prevent HIV, sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy
- Buy a pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- Test 14 pregnant mothers for HIV
- Provide medicine for 5 newborn babies to prevent transmission of HIV from their mothers